Restructuring Schools for Linguistic Diversity: Linking Decision Making to Effective Programs (2nd Edition)
This bestselling book addresses a major instructional and policy concern in public education—how personnel and resources can best be utilized to develop strong instructional programs for a culturally and linguistically diverse (CLD) student population. This meticulously updated second edition incorporates the experience that the authors have gained since the publication of the first edition in 1997. The changes not only reflect the current state of affairs in education, but also what has been learned from the many schools that have used the framework successfully.
Useful to prospective and current teachers and essential for educational administrators and policymakers, this new edition includes:
- Interactive activities in every chapter based on the authors’ professional development work in schools.
- New templates, tools, and exercises.
- A new chapter on standards-based differentiated instruction and assessment, and new case studies.
- Attention to populations that have increased in U.S. schools, such as immigrant refugees from around the globe.
- New features to support teacher study groups, such as guided discussion questions.
Miramontes, O., Nadeau, A. & Commins, N.L. Restructuring Schools for Linguistic Diversity: Linking Decision Making to Effective Programs. 2nd Edition. Teachers College Press.