Supporting Teachers As Learners: A Guide for Mentors and Coaches in Early Care and Education
Mentoring is a key strategy for supporting educators at any stage in their careers—and for improving teacher practice. This guide is an effective, activity-based way to reflect on, practice, and sharpen your skills as a mentor, coach, or technical assistance provider, and it can be adapted to a wide variety of early care and education settings.
Supporting Teachers as Learners: A Guide for Mentors and Coaches in Early Care and Education includes activities and worksheets for hands-on learning and addresses
- The variety of mentoring programs operating today;
- Understanding adult learning and development;
- Building strong mentor-protégé relationships and appreciating and understanding differences;
- Skills and strategies for effective mentoring; and
- Mentors as leaders and learners.
Whitebook, Marcy; Bellm, Dan; and Schaack, Diana, "Supporting Teachers As Learners: A Guide for Mentors and Coaches in Early Care and Education" (2013). ECE Faculty Bookshelf. 34.