R.A.C.E. (Research Advocacy in Critical Education)
10 Point Plan:
1) Freedom; the power to critically determine the destiny of the Black,
Brown, Queer, Asian, and oppressed communities.
2) Full empowerment; give every person empowerment and guaranteed
3) End to intellectual robbery of oppressed communities.
4) Adequate education and mentorship for all oppressed people; their
minds should be celebrated and made free so that they can build our
5) Education for the people; that teaches the true history and
counterstories of Black, Brown, Queer, Asian, and oppressed
communities and their role in present day society.
6) Free educational think tank access; meetings which will develop self,
scholarship, publications, employment, tenure ships, and various
7) End to educational white supremacy and the subtle and not so subtle
emotional brutality of people of color and oppressed people.
8) End to all racial, gender, and sexual microaggressions on people of
color and oppressed people in the academy; our white allies pledge that
they acknowledge they are white and have an understanding of
racism and discrimination. That they will look to themselves first as
the source of these problems. That they will not project their
emotions of angst onto people of color, other oppressed groups, or
other white allies.
9) Intellectual freedom for scholars that may be prisoners of academic
10) Community control and ownership of R.A.C.E.